Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Fall and Storms


Preparing for Fall and Storms has kept me busy for the last couple of weeks. After I wrote my last post I gathered together my Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas fabric to start sewing for my quilt shop on Etsy. I also started working on some more ATC, Artist Trading Cards for the holidays as well. As I surfed through Pinterest for ideas I saw many pumpkins and decided to paint an 8 X 10 canvas of a pumpkin in the field. To me pumpkins are the symbol of Fall's arrival. 

Pumpkin in the Field

Pumpkins also remind me of Halloween. As a child I loved cutting a Jack-o-Lantern into a pumpkin. Ours were always smiling because we thought of Halloween as a happy and fun time. 

What symbols do you equate with Fall and Halloween?

I also painted an abstract titled, "Summer Dreams" to represent all the dreams I had for summer. A lot of yellow for the Florida sunshine, swirls of activities that happen in a tourist area in summer, steady circles of calm and rest, the bright colors of flowers and the green of trees that cover the landscape. I even dream of Summer Storms that refresh the land and my soul. 

Summer Dreams

I didn't however dream of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. I prayed and watched as Harvey devastated Texas and tried to think of ways to help those effected by the storm. 

As the heat and humidity in Florida rose to 100 degrees I decided to head North to Ohio and visit family. I planned on staying for two weeks then heading home to start painting and sewing for the holidays. Mother Nature had other plans. My flight was canceled home and I was unable to get a flight  home until Thursday September 14th. My patio and carport took a hit but my house was spared. I will be happy to return home, clean up the remnants of Irma and start painting again. 

Until next time, God Bless

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're painting, Debbie. Is this a newly developed talent for you? Or have you always painted? Your work is delightful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete