Search This Blog

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Time for REST

Wow I can't believe I haven't posted since the 15th of July. I need to get a handle on a schedule if I want to grow this blog.

I have been busy though. I now know why retirees say they don't know how they had time to work before retirement.

I am working on a queen size quilt for my grandson's wedding in the Fall. I have two grandsons getting married in the Fall and planned on giving each a quilt but I am not sure I can since I am hand quilting them. I might have to machine quilt one of them.

I am also making toilet tank toppers and table runners for my online shops and selling off my huge stash of fabric. It has gotten out of hand and I need the cash. Selling the fabric is time consuming since I have to take pictures, unfold and measure each piece, write a description and then copy everything to the two other selling sites. 

I am still keeping up with my artwork a day for a year and Praying with art. 


One of the Artwork a day.

I also am researching selling my art at art fairs and festivals. There is a lot involved with that venture not to mention the expense. 

Primitive acrylic art for art festivals and one per day.

Last week I meditated on Matthew 11:28-32. Specifically verse 28.

Sometimes we get so busy we forget to spend time resting in God. All the busyness I spoke of earlier can draw you away from the peace we find in time with God. I spent my morning time with God this past week, however I would quickly get distracted by all that went on during the day and only focus on God again at bedtime. 
This weekend God's Spirit has nudged me to get back to praying the hours. That is, reading Scripture, praying and short meditation in the morning, afternoon, evening (Vespers) and bedtime. I know many of you think this is for Catholics only but many Christians follow this rhythm of prayer. It surprisingly only takes a few minutes of your time each hour but it helps you stay focused. I use an Episcopalian resource by Phyllis Tickle but there are many books out there to explain and guide you. Of course there is Google as well.

Below is the resulting artwork that resulted from my meditation on Matthew 11


This weeks meditation focus will be on Acts 2:29-41. Will you join me in praying with art the message God has put on your heart this week using this or another Scripture passage. If you do I would love to hear how God spoke to you in his word.

I still plan to set up the Facebook group where you can share your art prayer but it has gotten delayed. I had hoped to have it up and running this week but my friend who is helping me set it up has had health issues. Hopefully we can get together this week and get it up and running. 

Until next time may God surround you with peace, rest and kindness.

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. I find that early morning in the garden is the time when I am most able to focus on God and meditate on His virtues. It's so peaceful among the flowers. I hear the birdsong and see the hummingbirds and bees, and it inspires me to praise Him. I'm trying to get back to my creative weaving endeavors, but I've lost momentum. Kind of bouncing around right now. Maybe because it's so hot and the heat drains me. Love your artwork, Debbie. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete