Search This Blog

Monday, July 3, 2017

Wisdom

Last post we talked about how anyone can use art in prayer and how easy and inexpensive it is to get started. This post I am challenging you to take that first step and create!

This week I am meditating on "wisdom" God's wisdom to be specific. I had a big decision today and I wanted some guidance and where best to find that than from God. I did an online Bible search for wisdom and it came back with 219 results. I had no idea it would be that many. 
I chose James 1:5 
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.



When I think about a picture of wisdom I think of an owl so that is what I chose to use as my art prayer. 

Above is the start of my art prayer. I am not quite done with this art prayer but I got my answer so I will be finishing this page giving thanks to God for his wisdom.

The technique for this page is mixed media collage. I received some pins from Pinterest on Sunday of collage art and it inspired me to try this. A little more time consuming but that was ok since I had a lot of praying and listening to do. 

Will you join me this week in art prayer? If you do and do not mind sharing would you share your theme or Scripture passage in the comments below? 

Blessings my friends, Debbie


1 comment:

  1. Psalm 46:10 comes to mind: "Be still, and know that I am God. . ." I'll be meditating on that and see where the Lord takes me. Thanks, Debbie. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete